A system for issuing diplomatic passports for an African country
IN Groupe assisted an African country in designing and rolling out its new system for issuing diplomatic and service passports.
The client's objective: to comply with the recommendations of the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) and to make secure biometric passports available to its diplomatic representatives.
Today, this client manages issuing of its documents autonomously and IN Groupe ensures their multi-year maintenance.
Develop an efficient and secure solution:
- Increase the level of security of diplomatic and service passports to comply with ICAO regulations and exempt diplomats of this country from EU visa requirements when travelling
- Establish a specific and secure process for collecting enrolment information and issuing passports
- Offer a solution that interfaces with an existing system (ICAO key infrastructure)
IN Groupe's response
IN Groupe has set up a secure accreditation solution, in compliance with ICAO recommendations, for all diplomats in this African country (30,000 people over five years).
This solution is based on an enrolment, personalisation and issuing process at a single site in the country. It was deployed in 6 months.
The system consists of the following modules:
- Processing and confirming the file
- Producing and personalising biometric passports
- Issuing the documents
As part of its contribution, IN Groupe:
- Incorporated and set up the passport issuing solution
- Provided employee training, technical assistance and start-up support.
The goal: to enable the government authority in charge of issuing these credentials to become fully autonomous and operational.
- Improvement of document quality and security levels.
- The speed at which diplomatic passports are issued, regardless of the level of demand for citizen passports.
- User-friendly system and real-time transmission of statistics.
- Multi-year maintenance.